This blog post is a celebration of Truck Driver Appreciation Week. This year the week will be observed in September from the 12-18, 2021, and it’s an opportunity to honor all professional truck drivers for their hard work in tackling one of our economy’s most demanding jobs. It is also a time to reflect on how this industry has grown so much over the years since its inception.
Celebrate America’s Truck Drivers
America’s relationship with truck drivers is an interesting one. The country relies on them to keep its economy running and the transport of freight highly efficient, but unfortunately, they are often overlooked or even taken for granted in spite of all their hard work and efforts.
Truck drivers are amongst the hardest working people in America committing their lives to tackle one of the most challenging jobs out there, and yet they still don’t always get the recognition that many feel they deserve.
Truck Driver appreciation week is a time for America to show its appreciation and gratitude for all truck drivers. It’s also an opportunity to reflect on how this industry has changed over the years since it was first established many, many years ago.
THANK A DRIVER!
Wondering how do you thank a DRIVER? Here are some ideas:
Celebrate Truck Driver Appreciation Week by simply saying thank you. Truck drivers are truly the backbone of our economy. Without them everything we consume on a daily basis from your groceries to the gas for your car would not be so easy to get so there’s never been a better time to show your appreciation than during this week!
Here are some more ways you can say “thanks” for all that drivers do:
Daily giveaways of various prizes such as iPhones, CB radios, Apparel such as hats jackets and bags or the latest and greatest tech. Award daily prizes to keep your drivers engaged all week long.
* Buy them lunch when their on the road.
*Gift cards from their favorite truck stops to keep them supplied in a good cup of hot coffee or the beverage of their choice.
*Write them a note. A simple message saying thanks goes a long way especially when it comes from upper management.
There are many ways to say thank you to your drivers and any gesture no matter how small or large will be greatly appreciated.
Did You Know?
- Every day, more than three million professional truck drivers deliver products that we use every day, such as food, clothing, household goods, medicines that we dearly rely on.
- Almost everything in your home or office was delivered by truck, so it’s essential to thank the men and women who are our partners in productivity.
- Despite the job’s demanding nature and long hours on the road—the average truck driver works 61 hours per week—truck drivers are often still highly satisfied with their jobs because of the camaraderie they develop among fellow drivers during their long hauls.
- Last year, in particular, truck drivers were seen as frontline heroes during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- American truckers transport about 10 billion tons of freight, or about 70%.
- An average trucker will drive over 100,000 miles annually. That equates to about 40 cross-country trips.
- Drivers are on average 49 years old.
- 6% of the nation’s truck drivers are women. It’s trending up, about 10% each year.
- In comparison to all other jobs, 41% of truck drivers are minorities.
Truck Driver Appreciation Week will be observed during September 12-18, 2021. Truck drivers are the backbone of our economy, so there’s never been a better time to show your appreciation.
Here are some of our Custom T-Shirts you can order with us as a giveaway. One of our artist can actually hand-draw one of your trucks.